Saint Darwin’s Spirituals

Ghost inspectors and golems patrol the streets of Whitechapel. Prostitutes turn tricks for the fever-dream flesh lusts of the spiritual. And the statue of Saint Darwin, the scientist who broke the barrier between the natural and the supernatural, oversees it all. Now a disciple of Darwin – a woman of skin and bone – follows a trail of blood and corpses over cobblestone streets, hoping to unravel the devastating mystery of her own life.
***
Written by D.K. Thompson
Narration by Rick Stringer, Ali Groves, Dani Cutler, Maia Whitaker, and Anne Stringer
Music by Abney Park
Artwork by Vincent Chong commissioned by Murky Depths
Print version on Murky Depths

Promo
Matt Wallace’s The Next Fix

Saint Darwin’s Spirituals
Copyright 2008 D.K. Thompson

Variant Frequencies
Copyright 2008 Rick Stringer and Matt Wallace

Comments

1. Mark Tullius
    May 12th, 2008 | 3:54 pm

This is the first podcast I ever listened to and it was very cool. You guys did a fantastic job with a great story. I’ll definitely be sure to come back every month. Nice job.

Mark

2. May 12th, 2008 | 4:54 pm

Mark, we are honored to be the first podcast that you have ever listened to. I’m so glad that it was a good experience for you. Thanks for the comment.

3. May 13th, 2008 | 8:16 am

I find the rest of VF productions (at least the home-made ones) to be of a very high standard as well – I listened to one, loved it, and immediatelly gone through the archives to get all the previous episodes.

In my opinion you guys are by far the best podcasters in terms of stories as well as production – one can tell by comparing the stuff produced by VF to pretty much anything else out there. I do enjoy Scott Sigler and a few others but there is no doubt VF are in a different league all together.

I understand that supporting other podcast authors is important for you guys but putting up Seth’s stuff in such a direct contrast to your work makes his podcast seem a bit like a visit from a poor relative 🙂

4. May 28th, 2008 | 4:54 pm

Really loved this story.

5. May 28th, 2008 | 8:35 pm

Thanks guys. It means a lot to hear what you think about our stories.

6. David
    June 7th, 2008 | 10:48 pm

Best story I’ve heard here so far, not sure if the ending really sets it up for a sequel, but I’d love to hear another story set in this universe.

7. June 8th, 2008 | 5:30 am

We will have to talk to D.K. Thompson about that.

8. June 8th, 2008 | 5:40 pm

I enjoyed it, except for the continued mispronunciation of “golem.” But I’m an obnoxious nit-picker where words are concerned. 🙂

9. June 8th, 2008 | 5:54 pm

Keep nit-picking Janice. We want to know when we get something wrong.

Thanks for the comment.

10. DKT
    June 11th, 2008 | 12:46 pm

Hey everyone! I just wanted to thank you all for the kind feedback. I had a blast writing this story, and I’m looking to getting back to this world soon.

11. DKT
    June 11th, 2008 | 5:38 pm

Also, I have to give a big thank you to the VF team, specifically Matt Wallace, Rick Stringer, and all the talent involved. You guys took my little story and turned it into a hell of a production. Thank you so much!

12. July 26th, 2009 | 11:54 pm

[…] St. Darwin’s Spirituals by D.K. Thompson, Variant Frequencies […]

13. Johnny B
    March 2nd, 2010 | 12:12 pm

Why is this story no longer available on iTunes?

14. Johnny B
    March 2nd, 2010 | 12:15 pm

I;ve only just discovered this podcast (and podcasts in genral) a few weeks back and I have to say that this is deffinitely my favorite. The production values have yet to be matched by anything else I’ve seen.

Just a quick question, why is this particular story no longer available on iTunes?

15. March 2nd, 2010 | 12:39 pm

Johnny B, I’m not sure why it isn’t showing on iTunes. I will check that out. It does work from the player here on our site. Thank you so much for the feedback.

Based on FluidityTheme Redesigned by Kaushal Sheth